Grail Quest event will host a total of six Finnish Championships in Electronic Sports (eSM) tournaments throughout the weekend. All tournaments are organized in cooperation with the best domestic tournament organizers. The total prize pool of the tournaments is over 12 800€.
eSM-tournaments are played in the following games:
* Dota 2 (Valve) (PC)
* League of Legends (Riot Games) (PC)
* NHL (EA) (PS4)
* FIFA (EA) (PS4)
* Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco) (PS4)
* Dancemania (Arcade)
SEUL and eSM competitions
The Finnish Federation of Electronic Sports, SEUL ry, implements the Finnish eSports Championships in various games. The eSM tournaments aim to highlight the most talented individuals and teams in the most popular competitive video games at national level.
SEUL can send the winners of open eSM tournaments to compete in the Finnish national team at the IeSF Electronic Sports World Championships every year.
To participate in the eSM tournaments, each participating player must have a valid eSM player license. The price of the license is 10 euros in 2017.
The license entitles you to participate in every eSM tournament in the current year.
- A player license is a player's right to participate in eSM competitions
- The license accredits player organizations, players, and electronic sport judges into a new national competitive tournament player register
- The Suomisport player register used is the system of the Finnish Olympic Committee, which brings together a majority of Finnish sports associations
- The aim of the player register is to develop and raise national sports and leisure activites
- The license covers the costs of maintaining eSM competitions
- The Federationg continuesly develops national sporting competitions for electronic sports, promotes competitive gaming and aims to provide games with ever-expanding services.
Read more about the eSM competitions from here.